Packing for a stay on board
All documents in original form:
- Valid tourist- and seaman’s passports
- Valid seafarer’s medical certificate
- Onboard Training Record Book
- Important certificates of proficiency, such as BST
- Other CoCs or Certificates of Proficiency
- Valid insurance that covers leisure time on board, eg leisure, travel or accident insurance
- Any personal medical certificates and prescriptions for medicine
- Personal hygiene items
- Safety shoes. You can also bring your own, certainly fitting or more comfortable work clothes or other equipment, if you wish. Work gloves, work overalls, and hearing- and eye protection are usually available on board.
- Consider the season and bring enough warm clothes as working outdoors is very likely.
- For example, books, exercise clothes, and music for leisure time
- Form for reporting working and rest hours
- A European Health Insurance Card and an international vaccination card are recommended
- It is good to have some cash with you. On most ships you can make small purchases such as sweets and soft drinks.